We live in a world where traveling is a very important part of life and all the people living travel on a regular basis. There are numerous problems that people encounter while traveling but maximum times the problem is related to the person getting lost in the wild. To help the users in this process, a product named GPS has been introduced which can be installed in the vehicles.
TomTom provides these GPS products and it is very important for the user to Update TomTom Maps on a regular basis. By performing a regular update, a person can utilize the features of the GPS device that this company has to offer and to make the update process effective it is important for the user to follow the perfect steps.
The best way to deal with such situation is to follow the steps that we have listed below as they would help the users in the easy update process and they would complete the update process without hampering the device.
Why Update TomTom Maps?
If you are a user of TomTom GPS device and you are facing the problem of the device not working or the device showing wrong directions during the trip then, your device is not up to date. By performing the steps for TomTom Maps Update, a user can solve such problems. Along with that, when a TomTom GPS contains old maps, it becomes useless as the user cannot utilize the functionality of the device.
Steps to Update TomTom Maps
- To start with the process, you need to connect your TomTom GPS to a computer using the USB cord. You can find this cord in the box of the device.
- When it is asked, you need to tap on ‘Yes’ when the unit asks about establishing a connection with the computer.
- Now, you need to open TomTom home and download the software on your computer.
- You must wait for the TomTom HOME to recognize your device.
- As the device is recognized, you must tap on Choose ‘Update My Device’ from the main menu.
- You will see a list of updates on your screen. You must select all the required updates that you require on your device.
- After selecting the Updates, you must click on ‘Update and Install’ button which will be visible on the Home screen of your TomTom software.
- Now, the most crucial step of the complete process has to be done.
- In this step, you need to buy a new map by choosing the option of Add Maps from the main menu of TomTom Home.
- You must now click on Buy after selecting the map that you need to download on the TomTom device.
- You will be taken to the next page where you need to enter the mode of payment.
- Once the payment process has been completed, you need to choose on the Install Now button or tap on Install Later.
- You will notice that the installation process will start on your GPS device.
- Once the installation process completes, you must come back from the TomTom HOME main menu.
- At last, you need to disconnect the device very safely from the system and install it back in your vehicle.
So, these are some of the steps that would help you in the process of Update TomTom Maps. All the steps are very unique and they will offer valuable solutions for the process of Maps Update in TomTom GPS. You can also visit our website if you require some more solutions or information regarding the GPS devices of TomTom.