In today’s time, we are indulged in traveling places so that we can earn money and search for new jobs. For this, we travel across the world but every person needs to know about the places they visit as they might get lost in someplace or they might get stuck in some kind of problem due to the lack of knowledge about the roads.
This is the point where the GPS devices help these people and several companies provide this device. Rand McNally is one of these companies and to make proper use of the device, the users need to perform Rand McNally Map Update regularly. By doing so, you can ensure that your device stays in good health and it always provides proper information about the routes.
A user needs to perform the process properly so that they can perform the activity with valuable outcomes. We have listed some steps that would help you in the process and they would also allow them to perform the activity in a much accurate manner.
Steps to Update Rand McNally Maps
- At first, you need to make sure that the system is connected with the high-speed internet.
- You must start the Rand McNally Dock software and if the software is not downloaded, you must download it using the internet.
- For downloading the software you must go to your default browser and search for the Rand McNally Dock.
- Once the download completes, you need to install the software on your device.
- You will see an install shield wizard on the screen of your system. This will start the installation of the software.
- When the installation completes, you will see an option on the desktop of your device.
- Now, you need to hit on Next and Accept the conditions and terms regarding that software.
- Now, you must click on Install and connect the device that you need to update.
- Once the device is connected to the system, you will notice the display connected on the screen of your device.
- Follow all the steps as per the process and after that, you need to open the window of your Dock software on your device.
- Here you will see a list of updates available for your device.
- Before performing the update, you need to transfer the Rand McNally Dock software in your GPS device.
- From the list of Updates available, you must select the update that you require for your GPS device.
- Before performing the updates, this software would ask for the login.
- If you are a new user to the software, you must register yourself first and then you can carry on with the updates of the device.
- Before performing the update, you need to the update section and go through all the updates available for you.
- Once you have selected the favorable update, you need to download it in the device.
- Once the download completes, you need to install the latest GPS map update on your device.
- When the process of update completes, you will see a message on the screen that would say, Update is Completed.
- Now, you must click on the Back button and return to the home page of the software.
- At last, connect the device back into your vehicle and start it to ensure that the map has been updated successfully.
So, these are some of the steps that would help you in the process of the Rand McNally Maps Update. All the steps are very unique and when the update completes, you will get the best outcomes on your GPS device. If you require you can always visit our website and more information about the products offered by Rand McNally.