Rand McNally is a GPS device providing company that manufacture a lot of products for the people.There are numerous products of this GPS device which are not only useful for the people but they also help users in many ways. This gadget can be used in cars, trucks, bikes and so on and all the devices are provided in such a way that they help them regardless of the time and season. To keep this instrument working, it is very necessary that the user must update this device regularly so that they can provide proper results of the machine. But sometimes, a situation occurs when the users must reset this GPS device as it might get stuck or the device software might not be in a proper condition.
To help the users in this process, we have provided some steps that would help them in this procedure . There are some simple steps which deliver solutions to the user of their problem . By resetting this device to factory settings, a user can feed new changes in the device and can also use the gadget according to their need. The need of resetting the machine can’t be explained in one line as it is a technical device and there can be many reasons due to which a user might face the situation of resetting the device from the current settings to factory settings.
In this blog, we have provided some prominent steps that would help the users in this process and would also allow them to perform the Rand McNally GPS Reset in a very smooth way.
Steps to Reset Rand McNally GPS
- Before starting this process first reboot the device, make sure that the vehicle is turned off.
- Now, log off of your Rand McNally device from the main screen very carefully. Wait till the device brings you back to the monitor i.e. Log in Box.
- You will see a Red power button on the screen. Press the button and wait till the device power Off. Wait patiently for the device to power off.
- Once the device has powered down, press the home button on the lower side of the device.
- Turn the device back on by holding the Home button and pressing the power button that is located on the top of the device.
- Continue holding the Home Button until the device turns on.
- As the device turns on, you will be taken to the screen where you will see a pointer and some instructions regarding what to do with the pointer. It is called the screen calibration test.
- Using your device pen or Stylus, tap on the device screen wherever the pointer goes.
- Once the test is complete, you will be taken to the back to the Rand McNally device where you can feed the login information.
- Feed the information in the device and wait for the process to complete.
- Once you have done this process , your device will be set to the Factory mode.
- If the device is unresponsive, simply press the power button until the device turns off.
- Now, when you restart the device your device will be set back to the factory mode and then you can change the features according to your requirement.
Related Blog: How to Manually Update Rand McNally Maps?
These are some steps which would help the users in carrying out the activity of this device reset and would provide them a solution to their query of How do you reset Rand McNally GPS device.
Rand McNally device is an Essential Part of the Vehicle.
Rand McNally is a gadget that helps users in many ways. It provides users with the correct location of that area or location. It also provides them with the correct location of the place and also alerts them about any obstacle in the way. So, it is very necessary for the vehicle drivers to use this GPS device in their vehicle. While facing any problem, with the device you can visit the website and read the blogs which would provide steps for Rand McNally GPS Reset and more.